1) Pandit Jasraj is related to the field of?
The correct answer is : Music
2) She ……………. a brief appearance at the end of the party.
a. put in
b. put up
c. put on
d. put across
The correct answer is : put in
3) Which team won IPL 2015 (8th edition) by defeating Chennai Super Kings in the final?
a. Delhi Daredevils
b. Mumbai Indians
c. Sunrisers Hyderabad
d. Rajasthan Royals
The correct answer is : Mumbai Indians
4) An optical instrument used for magnified view of distant objects is called?
The correct answer is : Binocular
5) Who is the author of War and Peace?
a. Leo Tolstoy
b. William Shakespeare
c. V S Naipaul
d. Vikram Seth
The correct answer is : Leo Tolstoy
6) Synonym of Secular is?
The correct answer is : Non-religious
7) The fact family shown below is missing a fact: 4 x 6 = 24; 6 x 4 = 24; 24 ÷ 4 = 6; ?. Which is the missing fact?
a. 24 ÷ 3 = 8
b. 3 x 8 = 24
c. 24 ÷ 6 = 4
d. 24 ÷ 8 = 3
The correct answer is : 24 ÷ 6 = 4
8) who is the first Asian to receive Noble Prize?
a. C V Raman
b. Mother Teresa
c. Amartya Sen
d. Rabindranath Tagore
The correct answer is : Rabindranath Tagore
9) What is the direction of rotation of earth on its axis?
a. East to West
b. West to East
c. North to South
d. South to North
The correct answer is : West to East
10) There are 18 pupils in a class. There are 10 boys and rest are girls. 7 pupils are wearing caps. If 4 girls are wearing caps then how many boys are not wearing caps?
The correct answer is : 7
11) Mahabalipuram is located at?
a. Andhra Pradesh
c. Tamil Nadu
The correct answer is : Tamil Nadu
12) They needn't worry, ……………?
a. isn't it
b. doesn't it
c. don't it
d. need they
The correct answer is : need they
13) To supply land with water by artificial means is called?
The correct answer is : Irrigation
14) A drawing in transparent paper is called?
a. Blue print
b. Red print
The correct answer is : Transparency
15) The horizontal and vertical lines in a worksheet in Excel is called?
a. Grid lines
d. Block lines
The correct answer is : Grid lines
16) What is the meaning of the Idiom - To cool one's heel?
a. To rest for sometime
b. To give no importance to someone
c. To remain in a comfortable position
d. To be kept waiting for sometime
The correct answer is : To be kept waiting for sometime
17) Which one of the following word is correctly spelt?
The correct answer is : Bouquet
18) There is 10 children sitting in a row. Ravi is second from the left while Riya is second from right. How many children are sitting between Ravi and Riya?
The correct answer is : 6
19) World Environment Day is celebrated on?
a. 5th May
b. 5th June
c. 5th July
d. 5th August
The correct answer is : 5th June
20) What is the capital of USA?
a. Washington DC
b. New york
The correct answer is : Washington DC
21) Which mughal emperor built Jama Masjid?
The correct answer is : Shahjahan
22) Rahul use the rule "double the number" to create the following pattern - 1, 2, 4, 8, …….Which pair of numbers is part of the pattern?
a. 26, 51
b. 31, 61
c. 42, 84
d. 33, 65
The correct answer is : 42, 84
23) Table Tennis is the national game of which country?
b. South Korea
The correct answer is : China
24) The largest country (in area) in Africa is?
The correct answer is : Algeria
25) Marasmus disease is caused due to the deficiency of?
The correct answer is : Protein
26) Find the odd one out - 9, 14, 21, 27?
The correct answer is : 14
27) Knock-Out is associated with which sports?
The correct answer is : Boxing
28) Which countries play Ashes Test cricket series against each other?
a. India and Australia
b. India and Pakistan
c. Australia and South Africa
d. England and Australia
The correct answer is : England and Australia
29) Gayantri Mantra is associated to which Hindu God?
The correct answer is : Surya
30) Name the oldest mountain range of India?
The correct answer is : Aravallis
31) What is the numeric form of the number given here - One hundred three thousand, One hundred two?
The correct answer is : 103102
32) Which organ in the human body produces Bile?
The correct answer is : Liver
33) First Indian to take hat-trick in Test cricket is?
a. Chetan Sharma
b. Kapil Dev
c. Harbhajan Singh
d. Javagal Srinath
The correct answer is : Harbhajan Singh
34) What is the normal heart rate of adults at rest?
a. 52 beats per minute
b. 62 beats per minute
c. 82 beats per minute
d. 72 beats per minute
The correct answer is : 72 beats per minute
35) After Hindi, which is the second most spoken language in India?
The correct answer is : Bengali
36) What is the solution to the given expression? 2 x 10 + (3 x 6)
The correct answer is : 38
37) Bamboo is a?
The correct answer is : Grass
38) The character Alice in fictional story 'Alice in Wonderland' was created by?
a. Joe Shuster
b. Lewis Caroll
c. Ian Fleming
d. Bob Kane
The correct answer is : Lewis Caroll
39) Which planet has the largest number of natural satellites or moon?
The correct answer is : Jupiter
40) Indira Gandhi international airport is located at?
b. New Delhi
The correct answer is : New Delhi
41) Which of the following is the heaviest?
a. 1kg 100g
The correct answer is : 1300g
42) The oldest english daily newspaper of India is?
a. The Times of India
b. Hindustan Times
c. The Hindu
d. The Indian Express
The correct answer is : The Times of India
43) Which part of the body is affected by the disease Goitre?
c. Thyroid Gland
The correct answer is : Thyroid Gland
44) Which veteral Bollywood actor has been awarded Dadasaheb Phalke award recently?
a. Shashi Kapoor
b. Vinod Khanna
c. Amitabh Bachchan
The correct answer is : Shashi Kapoor
45) Which one of the following words can be formed from the given word - MOUNTAINS?
The correct answer is : SAINT
46) Largest lake in the world is?
a. Caspian sea
b. Lake Superior
c. Lake Victoria
d. Lake Baikal
The correct answer is : Caspian sea
47) Most densely populated state in India is?
b. West Bengal
c. Uttar Pradesh
The correct answer is : West Bengal
48) Hill station Mount Abu is in which state?
d. West Bengal
The correct answer is : Rajasthan
49) What is the meaning of the Idiom - Tall order?
a. Very tall person
b. Absence without permission
c. A very popular man
d. A formiddable task
The correct answer is : A formiddable task
50) The largest coffee growing country in the world is?
The correct answer is : Brazil