1) The teacher let us ……………..
a. to go early
b. to leave early
c. go early
d. early to go
The correct answer is : go early
2) How many medals India won at 2016 Paralympics Games held at Rio de Janeiro, Brazil?
The correct answer is : 4
3) After how much time an amount of Rs 5000 invested at 8% simple interest will amount to Rs 7000?
a. 5 years
b. 7 years
c. 10 years
d. 12 years
The correct answer is : 5 years
4) Some books were bought at 6 articles for Rs. 5 and sold at 5 articles for Rs. 6. Find the Gain percent.
The correct answer is : 0.44
5) Duleep trophy is associated with sports?
The correct answer is : Cricket
6) In the given series which number should come next - 1, 4, 9, 16, ?
The correct answer is : 25
7) Choose the one which can be substituted for the given sentence: Line at which the earth or sea and sky seem to meet.
The correct answer is : Horizon
8) Abhinav Bindra who recently retired is associated with which sports?
The correct answer is : Shooting
9) Find the correctly spelt word:
The correct answer is : Foreigner
10) Choose the word which is most similar in meaning to EXPLICIT.
The correct answer is : Clear
11) A train running at the speed of 60 km/hr crosses a pole in 9 seconds. What is the length of the train?
a. 120 m
b. 140 m
c. 150 m
d. 160 m
The correct answer is : 150 m
12) In large cities people are cut ………… from nature.
The correct answer is : off
13) A seller had some bikes. He sells 40% of his bikes and still has 420 bikes. Originally, how many bikes he had?
The correct answer is : 700
14) Average of 5 number is 10. If 2 is added to every number, the new average will be
The correct answer is : 12
15) Female tennis star who now holds the all-time record for most number of victories in Grand Slam matches in tennis history?
a. Serena Williams
b. Venus Williams
c. Maria Sharapova
d. Angelique Kerber
The correct answer is : Serena Williams
16) Who composed the National Song of India?
a. Mohammad Iqbal
b. Rabindranath Tagore
c. Majrooh Sultanpuri
d. Bankim Chandra Chatterji
The correct answer is : Bankim Chandra Chatterji
17) Introducing a woman, Ravi said, "She is the mother of the only daughter of my son." How that woman is related to Ravi?
The correct answer is : Daughter-in-law
18) The greatest number of four digits which is divisible by 15, 25, 40 and 75 is:
The correct answer is : 9600
19) Who is the author of the book "A Tale of Two Cities"?
a. William Shakespeare
b. Leo Tolstoy
c. George Bernard Shaw
d. John Milton
The correct answer is : Leo Tolstoy
20) Inernational Literacy Day 2016 was celebrated across the world on?
a. 1st September
b. 8th September
c. 14th September
d. 25th September
The correct answer is : 8th September
21) Which number should come in the following series - 2, 5, 10, 17, ?
The correct answer is : 26
22) The filament of an electric bulb is made of
The correct answer is : tungsten
23) The great Victoria Desert is located in
The correct answer is : Australia
24) Who won US Open 2016?
a. Rafael Nadal
b. Andy Murray
c. Stan Wawrinka
d. Novak Djokovic
The correct answer is : Stan Wawrinka
25) If one-third of one-fourth of a number is 15, then three-tenth of that number is
The correct answer is : 54
26) The nucleus of an atom consists of
a. electrons and neutrons
b. protons and neutrons
c. electrons and protons
d. electrons only
The correct answer is : protons and neutrons
27) The ratio of width of our National Flag to its length is
The correct answer is : 2:3
28) Which Indian state has the largest area of forest cover?
a. Uttar Pradesh
b. Madhya Pradesh
c. West Bengal
d. Tamil Nadu
The correct answer is : Madhya Pradesh
29) The hardest substance available on earth is
The correct answer is : Diamond
30) The ratio between the perimeter and the breadth of a rectangle is 5 : 1. If the area of the rectangle is 216 sq. cm, what is the length of the rectangle?
a. 14 cm
b. 16 cm
c. 18 cm
d. 20 cm
The correct answer is : 20 cm
31) The Rath Yatra at Puri is celebrated in hounour of which Hindu deity?
The correct answer is : Jagannath
32) What is the full form of GST?
a. Goods and Sales Tax
b. Goods and Services Tax
c. Gross and Services Tax
d. Global Services Tax
The correct answer is : Goods and Services Tax
33) One evening before sunset Puja and Kajal were talking to each other face to face. If Kajal's shadow was exactly to the right of Kajal, which direction was Puja facing?
The correct answer is : South
34) Amnesty International is an organisation associated with which of the following fields?
a. Protection of Cruelty to animals
b. Environment protection
c. Protection of human rights
d. Protection of historic monuments
The correct answer is : Protection of human rights
35) Choose the word which can be substituted for the given sentence - One who possesses many talents
The correct answer is : Versatile
36) Who is the author of the book "Gulliver Travels"?
a. John Milton
b. J K Rowling
c. William Shakespeare
d. Jonathan Swift
The correct answer is : Jonathan Swift
37) The headquarters of the United Nations Organisations is in
a. New York City
The correct answer is : New York City
38) Choose the word which best expresses the meaning of the given word - CIVIL
The correct answer is : Polite
39) The Battle of Plassey was fought in the year
The correct answer is : 1757
40) Which of the following does not belong to the group?
The correct answer is : Ear
41) The central banking functions in India are performed by the
a. Central Bank of India
b. Finance Ministry
c. State Bank of India
d. Reserve Bank of India
The correct answer is : Reserve Bank of India
42) The gas usually filled in electric bulb is
c. Carbon dioxide
The correct answer is : Nitrogen
43) Ozone hole refers to
a. hole in ozone layer
b. decrease in the ozone layer in troposphere
c. decrease in thickness of ozone layer in stratosphere
d. increase in the thickness of ozone layer in troposphere
The correct answer is : decrease in thickness of ozone layer in stratosphere
44) Find the word which is correctly spelt:
The correct answer is : Temperature
45) Golden Temple is situated in
The correct answer is : Amritsar
46) January 15 is celebrated as the
a. Republic Day
b. Army Day
c. Independence Day
d. Gandhi Jayanti
The correct answer is : Army Day
47) Which of the following is the correct meaning of the given idiom: To spill the beans
a. To reveal secret information
b. To misbehave
c. Feeling of fear
d. To talk irrelevant
The correct answer is : To reveal secret information
48) A man's speed with the current is 15 km/hr and the speed of the current is 2.5 km/hr. The man's speed against the current is:
a. 10 km/hr
b. 12 km/hr
c. 15 km/hr
d. 20 km/hr
The correct answer is : 10 km/hr
49) Choose the word opposite in meaning to the given word - COMMISSIONED
The correct answer is : Terminated
50) The youth should believe …………. God.
The correct answer is : in