1) Select the correct meaning for the given Idioms and Phrases - A bolt from the blue.
a. a delayed event
b. an inexplicable event
c. an unexpected event
d. a pleasant event
The correct answer is : an unexpected event
2) Ajatshatru hosted the _____ Buddhist Council at Rajagriha after Gautam Buddha's death.
The correct answer is : first
3) Which is used by computers to store information permanently?
b. Hard disk
d. Mother board
The correct answer is : Hard disk
4) The trunk of a tree is covered in an outside layer called?
The correct answer is : Bark
5) Among Gorilla, Elephant, Crocodile and Bear, which is not a mammal?
The correct answer is : Crocodile
6) Choose the word which is similar in meaning to the word - DISTINCT.
The correct answer is : Noticeable
7) In Jainism, who was the 24th and the last Tirthankaras?
The correct answer is : Mahavira
8) Which of the following does not belong to the group?
a. Narendra Modi
b. Manmohan Singh
c. Pranab Mukherjee
d. Atal Behari Vajpayee
The correct answer is : Pranab Mukherjee
9) Among O, V, K and H which letter does not have a vertical line of symmetry?
The correct answer is : K
10) U-shaped magnets are known as ________ magnet.
The correct answer is : Horseshoe
11) Which word is correctly spelt?
The correct answer is : Obedience
12) In a computer what is done to create more free spaces in a hard disk?
a. System restore
The correct answer is : Defragmentation
13) Microsoft Edge is a:
a. Application program
b. Operating System
c. Web browser
d. Super computer
The correct answer is : Web browser
14) In which country 2017 Men's Hockey Asia Cup is being held?
The correct answer is : Bangladesh
15) The product of face values of digits 8 and 5 in the number 854 is:
The correct answer is : 40000
16) The method of supplying water to crops artificial means when rainfall in the region is not sufficient is called:
The correct answer is : Irrigation
17) Among plastic bag, bucket, glass and paper, which is biodegradable?
a. Plastic bag
The correct answer is : Paper
18) Find the sum of 265 and 245 to nearest hundred is _____.
The correct answer is : 500
19) Kanha National Park is in which state?
a. Madhya Pradesh
c. Uttar Pradesh
d. West Bengal
The correct answer is : Madhya Pradesh
20) The process in which liquid water solidifies to form ice is called:
The correct answer is : Freezing
21) The process feeding data into the computer is called:
The correct answer is : Input
22) A line of symmetry divides a kite into ____ equal parts.
The correct answer is : 2
23) Prakash Padukone is related to which sports?
The correct answer is : Badminton
24) Width of all the rectangles in a bargraph is always:
The correct answer is : Equal
25) Find the wrongly spelt word.
The correct answer is : Subsidairy
26) ________ when magnetised retains its magnetism for a long time.
The correct answer is : Steel
27) Among the places Kota, Surat, Ajmer and Bikaner which is not in Rajasthan?
The correct answer is : Surat
28) Among 408, 662, 364 and 486 which number is completely divisible by 12 is?
The correct answer is : 408
29) Range of the data 3, 6, 2, 4, 9, 7, 12, 11, 5, 20 is:
The correct answer is : 18
30) The amount of water vapour contained in a given volume of air is called:
The correct answer is : Humidity
31) Find the sum: (-37) + 15 - (-23).
The correct answer is : 1
32) The process by which leaves and stem of plants lose water to the atmosphere is called:
The correct answer is : Transpiration
33) They reached the railway station before the train _________.
a. was leaving
b. had left
c. had been left
The correct answer is : left
34) The product of two numbers is 1000 and their HCF is 20. Find their LCM.
The correct answer is : 50
35) ________ of land increases air spaces in soil and plant roots can breathe well.
The correct answer is : Tilling
36) Height above sea level is called:
The correct answer is : Altitude
37) Form a new number by interchanging the digits 5 and 2 in 8532. Now find the difference between the new number and the original number.
The correct answer is : 297
38) ________ is a major green house gas which keeps the earth warm by not allowing the heat to escape from its surface.
a. Carbon dioxide
The correct answer is : Carbon dioxide
39) Among Sun, Water and Air, which is a renewable source?
d. All of these
The correct answer is : All of these
40) Data that is copied from an application is stored in?
d. MS Word
The correct answer is : Clipboard
41) Who founded Indian National Congress in the year 1885?
a. W C Banerjee
b. Motilal Nehru
c. A O Hume
d. Annie Besant
The correct answer is : A O Hume
42) Karthik saves Rs 500 per month. How much money will he save in 3 years?
a. Rs 20000
b. Rs 18000
c. Rs 24000
d. Rs 16000
The correct answer is : Rs 18000
43) What is the minimum age limit to become the Governor of a state in India?
a. 21 years
b. 25 years
c. 30 years
d. 35 years
The correct answer is : 35 years
44) Usain Bolt, an eight-time Olympic champion belongs to which country?
The correct answer is : Jamaica
45) Who is the current Vice-President of India (As of October 2017)?
a. M Venkaiah Naidu
b. Ram Nath Kovind
c. Hamid Ansari
d. Pratibha Patil
The correct answer is : M Venkaiah Naidu
46) Which country is hosting the Under-17 FIFA Football World Cup 2017?
The correct answer is : India
47) The sum of successor and predecessor of 250 is:
The correct answer is : 500
48) Among Ants, Cockroaches, Mosquitoes and Spider which does not have 6 legs?
The correct answer is : Spider
49) Among Gujarat, Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh and Odisha, which is the largest state in terms of area?
c. Andhra Pradesh
The correct answer is : Gujarat
50) Head quarter of World Health Organisation (WHO) is in which country?
The correct answer is : Switzerland