1) We had ………... money left, so we went out for a meal. We decided to abandon our trip as we had …………. money left.
a. a little, a little
b. little, a little
c. a few, few
d. a little, little
The correct answer is : a little, little
2) Virat Kohli registered the highest Test score by an Indian cricket captain. What is the score?
The correct answer is : 235
3) The horizontal and vertical lines on a worksheet are called?
c. Block lines
The correct answer is : Gridlines
4) A computer-controlled device for training exercises that duplicates the work environment is a
d. COM device
The correct answer is : simulator
5) The planets revolves around the sun due to?
a. Centrifugal force
b. Centripetal force
The correct answer is : Centripetal force
6) In the given series which number should come next - 7, 10, 16, 25, 37, ?
The correct answer is : 52
7) Choose the one which can be substituted for the given sentence: Of outstanding significance
The correct answer is : Monumental
8) Karun Nair is associated with which sports?
The correct answer is : Cricket
9) Find the correctly spelt word:
The correct answer is : Superfluous
10) Choose the word which is most similar in meaning to INDICT.
The correct answer is : Accuse
11) Depth of the sea is measured in?
The correct answer is : Fathom
12) The ____ of the middle school is a woman of ____.
a. Principles, Principal
b. Principals, Principal
c. Principal, Principle
d. Principle, Principals
The correct answer is : Principal, Principle
13) Manas sanctuary in Assam is famous for?
The correct answer is : Elephant
14) Sriharikota is situated in which state?
a. Tamil Nadu
d. Andhra Pradesh
The correct answer is : Andhra Pradesh
15) Gayatri Mantra is dedicated to?
a. Lord Shiva
b. Lord Vishnu
c. Goddess Lakshmi
d. Goddess Savitri
The correct answer is : Goddess Savitri
16) After Virendra Sehwag who became the second Indian player to score a triple century in Test cricket?
a. Karun Nair
b. KL Rahul
c. Virat Kohli
d. MS Dhoni
The correct answer is : Karun Nair
17) The smallest country in South America is?
The correct answer is : Surinam
18) Which one of the following country is the largest producer of Coal?
d. South Africa
The correct answer is : Russia
19) Who is the author of the book "Glimpses of World History"?
a. Bal Gangadhar Tilak
b. Mahatma Gandhi
c. Subhas Chandra Bose
d. Jawaharlal Nehru
The correct answer is : Jawaharlal Nehru
20) Among protein, calcium, vitamin c and carbohydrate, milk is the poor source of?
c. vitamin c
The correct answer is : vitamin c
21) Which number should come in the following series - 2, 5, 10, 17, ?
The correct answer is : 26
22) Whom did Babur defeated in the first battle of Panipat to establish Mughal rule in India?
a. Bahlol Lodhi
b. Ibrahim Lodhi
c. Sikander Lodhi
d. Daulat Lodhi
The correct answer is : Ibrahim Lodhi
23) Who invented the Calculated Machine?
b. Thomas Edison
c. K Macmilan
d. Joseph Lister
The correct answer is : Pascal
24) Which state contributes 70% of India's coffee and silk?
a. West Bengal
d. Tamil Nadu
The correct answer is : Karnataka
25) Bhilai Steel Plant is located at?
d. West Bengal
The correct answer is : Chattisgarh
26) Buxa Tiger Reserve (BTR) is in which state?
a. Madhya Pradesh
c. West Bengal
The correct answer is : West Bengal
27) World Red Cross Day is celebrated on?
a. 8 May
b. 15 May
c. 21 May
d. 28th May
The correct answer is : 8 May
28) Which canal connects Mediterranean Sea with Red Sea?
a. Panama Canal
b. Suez Canal
c. Erie Canal
d. Victoria Canal
The correct answer is : Suez Canal
29) Who is the first Indian woman to win Olympic medal?
a. Tania Sachdev
b. Kunjarani Devi
c. Karnam Malleshwari
d. Mary Kom
The correct answer is : Karnam Malleshwari
30) Rainfall in winter in Tamil Nadu is due to?
a. North-East monsoon
b. South-West monsoon
c. North-West monsoon
d. South-East monsoon
The correct answer is : North-East monsoon
31) Chanakya was the chief advisor of which Maurya ruler?
d. Chandragupta Maurya
The correct answer is : Chandragupta Maurya
32) Lotus Temple, the Bahai house of worship is located at?
b. New Delhi
The correct answer is : New Delhi
33) Which cricketer hold the record for most runs in a single Test innings?
a. Sachin Tendulkar
b. Brian Lara
c. Vivian Richards
d. Virendra Sehwag
The correct answer is : Brian Lara
34) In which year India win its first Olympic Gold?
The correct answer is : 1928
35) Choose the word which can be substituted for the given sentence - Animals who live in herds
The correct answer is : Gregarious
36) Among Glass, Air, Alcohol and Water, which would expand the most on being heated?
The correct answer is : Air
37) The headquarters of Interpol is in?
a. New York City
The correct answer is : Vienna
38) Choose the word which best expresses the meaning of the given word - SERENE
The correct answer is : Calm
39) Bangkok is situated on the bank of river?
c. Chao Praya
The correct answer is : Chao Praya
40) Which of the following does not belong to the group?
The correct answer is : Cheetah
41) The Mandela International Year is celebrated every year on?
a. 18 September
b. 1 April
c. 31 December
d. 18 July
The correct answer is : 18 July
42) Dalhousie hill station is in which state?
a. Himachal Pradesh
b. Jammu and Kashmir
c. Tamil Nadu
d. West Bengal
The correct answer is : Himachal Pradesh
43) Among Marble, Slate, Coal and Granite, which one is an organic rock?
The correct answer is : Coal
44) Find the word which is correctly spelt:
The correct answer is : Constitution
45) Indira Point is the southernmost tip of?
b. Andaman and Nicobar islands
c. Daman and Diu
d. Tamil Nadu
The correct answer is : Andaman and Nicobar islands
46) Which city is known as Forbidden City?
The correct answer is : Lhasa
47) Which of the following is the correct meaning of the given idiom: To be above board
a. To be honest in any business
b. To live apart without company
c. To turn opportunity into best advantage
d. To emphasize
The correct answer is : To be honest in any business
48) Chilka lake is located at?
a. West Bengal
c. Tamil Nadu
The correct answer is : Odisha
49) Choose the word opposite in meaning to the given word - NADIR
The correct answer is : Top
50) Very strong and cold icy winds that blow in the Polar regions are called?
a. Polar winds
d. Polar Cyclone
The correct answer is : Polar winds