1) The element common to all acids is?
The correct answer is : Hydrogen
2) Which one of the following is the most stable ecosystem?
The correct answer is : Ocean
3) Complete the series - 5, 16, 51, 158, ?
The correct answer is : 481
4) Who invented Logarithm?
a. John Napier
b. Thomas Edison
d. Frank Whittle
The correct answer is : John Napier
5) Instrument used in submarine for viewing objects above the sea level?
The correct answer is : Periscope
6) How many Gold medals India won at the 17th Asian Games held recently at South Korea?
The correct answer is : 11
7) Who topped the medal tally with 151 Gold at the 17th Asian Games held recently at South Korea?
b. South Korea
The correct answer is : China
8) Common name of Nitrous Oxide is?
a. Laughing gas
d. Marsh gas
The correct answer is : Laughing gas
9) Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched India's biggest-ever cleanliness movement on 2 October 2014 on the occasion of Mahatma Gandhi Jayanti. What is the name of this movement?
a. Swachh Bharat
b. Make India Clean
c. Adarsh Gram Yojana
d. Swachh Bharat Abhiyaan
The correct answer is : Swachh Bharat Abhiyaan
10) Arrange the following words according to the English Dictionary: 1. Voyage 2. Voice 3. Vocation 4. Volume
a. 2, 4, 3, 1
b. 3, 2, 4, 1
c. 2, 3, 4, 1
d. 3, 4, 2, 1
The correct answer is : 3, 2, 4, 1
11) The operating system of a computer is the most common type of …………….. Software?
The correct answer is : system
12) MICROMAX is the brand of which country?
b. South Korea
The correct answer is : India
13) A shopkeeper announces successive discounts of 10% and 20%. Find the equivalent percent discount.
The correct answer is : 28%
14) Nalanda University at Rajgir, Bihar was revived and started its operation recently. Who is the head of this university?
a. APJ Abdul Kalam
b. Prof. Amartya Sen
c. Prof. Bhupinder Zutshi
d. Dr. Srikant Mohapatra
The correct answer is : Prof. Amartya Sen
15) The Pole Star is a part of the constellation-
a. Ursa Minor
b. Ursa Major
The correct answer is : Ursa Minor
16) Complete the series - 228, 224, 208, 172, 108, ?
The correct answer is : 8
17) Which country topped the medal tally at the Commonwealth Games 2014, Glasgow (Scotland)?
The correct answer is : England
18) Nobel Peace Prize 2014 was awarded to?
a. Kailash Satyarthi
b. Malala Yousafzay
c. Both Kailash Satyarthi and Malala Yousafzay
d. None of these
The correct answer is : Both Kailash Satyarthi and Malala Yousafzay
19) Idiom - To Bite The Dust means?
a. To be defeated in battle
b. To learn a lesson
c. To be ashamed of
d. To work very hard
The correct answer is : To be defeated in battle
20) Who is the current finance minister of India?
a. Raj Nath Singh
b. Sushma Swaraj
c. Arun Jaitley
d. Maneka Gandhi
The correct answer is : Arun Jaitley
21) The breadth of a rectangular field is 75% of its length. If the perimeter of the field is 1,050 m, then area of the field is?
The correct answer is : 67500
22) Rahul starts from school and takes two right turns and then one left turn. Now he is moving towards south. In which direction Rahul started from school?
The correct answer is : East
23) Select the odd man out from the given - Google, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Chrome
c. Internet Explorer
The correct answer is : Google
24) Choose the word which is nearly the same in meaning to ENCROACH?
The correct answer is : Intrude
25) Prime Minister Narendra Modi became the second prime minister of India to address United Nations General Assembly in Hindi. Who was the first Prime Minister?
a. Rajiv Gandhi
b. Manmohan Singh
c. Atal Behari Vajpayee
d. Indira Gandhi
The correct answer is : Atal Behari Vajpayee
26) In a map 8.8 km is denoted by 0.8 cm. If the distance between Varanasi and Delhi on the map is 80.5 cm, find the distance in km in between the two?
a. 99 km
b. 770 km
c. 890 km
d. 885.5 km
The correct answer is : 885.5 km
27) Edward Jenner is associated with:
c. Small Pox
The correct answer is : Small Pox
28) Full form of USB is?
a. Universal Serial Bus
b. Urgent Sent Bit
c. Ultimate Service Bit
d. Universal Sent Bit
The correct answer is : Universal Serial Bus
29) Fill in the blanks: Why did you confide your secrets ………………. stranger?
The correct answer is : to
30) A narrow strip of land that connects two larger land masses is called?
The correct answer is : Isthmus
31) Five year hence, father's age will be 3 times the age of his son. Five years ago, father was seven times as old as his son. The age of the son at present is:
The correct answer is : 10
32) Which of the following represents the fastest data transmission speed?
The correct answer is : gbps
33) P is the brother of N, O is the daughter of N, R is the sister of P and Q is the brother of O. Who is the uncle of Q?
The correct answer is : P
34) One who sacrifices one's life for a cause:
The correct answer is : Martyr
35) The average of marks of 14 students was calculated as 71. But it was later found that the marks of one student had been wrongly entered as 42 instead of 56 and of another as 74 instead of 32.The correct average is:
The correct answer is : 69
36) Choose the correct alternative: I love him because he is a good man by heart.
a. at heart
b. of heart
c. in heart
d. No improvement
The correct answer is : at heart
37) India creates history by successfully placing its spacecraft in Mars orbit. What is the name of this mission?
a. Mariner 4
b. Mars Orbiter Mission
c. Viking 1
d. Mars Pathfinder
The correct answer is : Mars Orbiter Mission
38) A book is sold at 10% loss. If the selling price is Rs. 40 more, there will be a gain of 15%. The cost price of the article is:
The correct answer is : 160
39) A train 270 metre long is running at a speed of 36 km per hour, then it will cross a bridge of length 180 metres in:
a. 35 sec
b. 40 sec
c. 45 sec
d. 50 sec
The correct answer is : 45 sec
40) Which of the following passes through India?
a. Tropic of Capricorn
b. Tropic of Cancer
d. 0 degree longitude
The correct answer is : Tropic of Cancer
41) Choose the word which is most OPPOSITE in meaning to the word - CEASE
The correct answer is : Start
42) Choose the word which is most nearly same in meaning to the word - MARVEL
The correct answer is : Wonder
43) 1 Quintal is equal to?
a. 1 kg
b. 10 kg
c. 100 kg
d. 1000 kg
The correct answer is : 100 kg
44) Pankaj Advani is associated with which sports?
The correct answer is : Snooker
45) Rs. 700 are distributed among A, B and C such that A gets half of what B gets and B gets half of what C gets. What is the share of C?
The correct answer is : 400
46) Which one of the following word is correctly spelt?
The correct answer is : Visionary
47) Find the missing term (?) in the series: 3, 7, 15, ?, 63, 127
The correct answer is : 31
48) Who discovered that Malaria was caused by the female Anopheles?
a. Louis Pasteur
b. Robert Koch
c. Ronald Ross
d. Edward Jenner
The correct answer is : Ronald Ross
49) ASCII stands for?
a. American Stable Code for International Interchange
b. American Standard Code for Information Interchange
c. American Standard Code for Institutional Interchange
d. American Standard Code for Interchange Information
The correct answer is : American Standard Code for Information Interchange
50) Indian boxer who was selected for the prestigious Arjuna award recently?
a. Vijender Singh
b. Manoj Kumar
c. Sushil Kumar
d. Mary Kom
The correct answer is : Manoj Kumar