1) Select the correct meaning for the given Idioms and Phrases - Turn a deaf ear.
a. To be independent
b. Pay no attention
c. To bear the consequences
d. To escape/run away
The correct answer is : Pay no attention
2) The most abundant gas in the atmosphere is:
The correct answer is : Nitrogen
3) Agricultural workers are the people who work in:
The correct answer is : Farms
4) Among Earthquakes, Floods and Tsunami, which is a natural disaster?
d. All of these
The correct answer is : All of these
5) Identify the adverb in the following sentence - The pizzas were too stale to eat.
The correct answer is : too
6) Choose the word which is similar in meaning to the word - COUNTERFEIT.
The correct answer is : Fake
7) Which country had won the first T20 World Cup cricket?
b. South Africa
d. West Indies
The correct answer is : India
8) Which of the following does not belong to the group?
a. Jaipur Pink Panthers
b. Royal Challenger Bangalore
c. Chennai Super Kings
d. Delhi Daredevils
The correct answer is : Jaipur Pink Panthers
9) Oldest Veda is?
The correct answer is : Rig-Veda
10) King Ashoka was inspired by the teachings of __________?
b. Swami Dayanand Saraswati
c. Gautam Buddha
The correct answer is : Gautam Buddha
11) Which word is correctly spelt?
The correct answer is : Expedition
12) Inscriptions are engraved form of writing used for various purposes. It is written on ____________.
a. Palm leaves
b. Hard surfaces like stone, rock.
c. Sal leaves
d. Banana leaves
The correct answer is : Hard surfaces like stone, rock.
13) A rectangular box of sides 40 cm by 10 cm has to be sealed all round with tape. Find the length of tape required.
a. 50 cm
b. 80 cm
c. 100 cm
d. 60 cm
The correct answer is : 100 cm
14) Ambati Rayudu is playing for which cricket team in IPL 2018?
a. Sunrisers Hyderabad
b. Kings XI Punjab
c. Kolkata Knight Riders
d. Chennai Super Kings
The correct answer is : Chennai Super Kings
15) Find the sum: (-5) + (-8) + 7 + 6.
The correct answer is : 0
16) Identify the adjective in the following sentence - Rohan is wearing a sleeveless shirt today..
The correct answer is : sleeveless
17) The two steel rail of railway tracks are ____________ to each other.
b. at acute angles
d. None of these
The correct answer is : parallel
18) The bones in your spine are called?
The correct answer is : Vertebrae
19) Who was the grandson of Chandragupta Maurya?
The correct answer is : Ashoka
20) Mirco organisms act upon the dead plants to produce:
The correct answer is : Humus
21) Smallest whole number is?
The correct answer is : 0
22) The image formed by a _____ mirror is always of the same size as that of an object.
d. None of these
The correct answer is : plane
23) In which country Commonwealth Games 2018 was held?
The correct answer is : Australia
24) With 66 medals what was the rank of India in Commonwealth Games 2018?
The correct answer is : Third
25) In which of the following form, data is stored in computer?
d. Hexa Decimal
The correct answer is : Binary
26) A triangle with two sides of equal length are called?
a. Equilateral triangle
b. Isosceles triangle
c. Right-angled triangle
d. Acute-angled triangle
The correct answer is : Isosceles triangle
27) The number of time zone in the whole world is?
The correct answer is : 24
28) If a computer has more than one processor then it is known as?
The correct answer is : Multiprocessor
29) Who is the creator of comic character Iron Man?
a. Walt Disney
b. Jerry Siegel
c. Bob Kane
d. Stan Lee
The correct answer is : Stan Lee
30) The ICC Cricket World Cup 2019 will be held in which country?
d. South Africa
The correct answer is : England
31) The time difference between Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) and Indian Standard Time (IST) is?
a. 3 hour 30 minutes
b. 4 hour 30 minutes
c. 5 hour 30 minutes
d. 6 hour 30 minutes
The correct answer is : 5 hour 30 minutes
32) Sania Mirza is related to which sports?
The correct answer is : Tennis
33) If x - 15 - 25 = 41, the find the value of x.
The correct answer is : 81
34) Among Patna, Chennai, Puri and Mahabalipuram, which place is unlikely to be affected by cyclone?
The correct answer is : Patna
35) The Frigid Zone lies near the ___________.
a. the equator
b. the tropic of cancer
c. the tropic of capricorn
d. the poles
The correct answer is : the poles
36) Normal range of breathing rate per minute in an average adult person at rest is?
a. 9 - 12
b. 15 - 18
c. 19 - 21
d. 25 - 28
The correct answer is : 15 - 18
37) Find the ratio of Rs 5 to 50 paise.
a. 1 : 1
b. 1 : 10
c. 5 : 1
d. 10 : 1
The correct answer is : 10 : 1
38) Which of the following is/are the characteristic of Aerobic respiration?
a. It takes place in the presence of oxygen
b. Energy is released in lesser amount
c. It is a fast process
d. All of these
The correct answer is : It takes place in the presence of oxygen
39) What is the cost of tiling a rectangular field measuring 30 m long and 20 m wide at the rate of Rs 5 per sq m?
a. Rs 1000
b. Rs 2000
c. Rs 3000
d. Rs 4000
The correct answer is : Rs 3000
40) Kim Jong-un is the supreme leader of which Asian country (as of April 2018)?
b. North Korea
c. South Korea
The correct answer is : North Korea
41) A hemisphere is one ______ of a sphere.
The correct answer is : half
42) Among Gum, Kerosene, Plywood and Honey, which is not a forest produce?
The correct answer is : Kerosene
43) The sum of the measures of complementary angles is ______ degrees.
The correct answer is : 90
44) What is the name of safety device which consist of a strip of wire that melts and breaks an electric circuit if the current exceeds a safe level?
The correct answer is : Fuse
45) The total number of longitudes are?
The correct answer is : 360
46) Acid turns blue litmus to ________.
The correct answer is : red
47) What is the minimum age required to become a member of a Gram Sabha?
a. 18 years
b. 21 years
c. 25 year
d. 30 years
The correct answer is : 21 years
48) The silkworm is?
a. a caterpillar
b. a larva
c. both a caterpillar and a larva
d. neither a caterpillar or a larva
The correct answer is : both a caterpillar and a larva
49) Find the perimeter of an equilateral triangle of side 6 cm.
a. 6 cm
b. 12 cm
c. 18 cm
d. 24 cm
The correct answer is : 18 cm
50) How many teams are participating in Indian Premier League (IPL) 2018?
The correct answer is : 8