1) Select the correct meaning for the given Idioms and Phrases - To pay off old scores.
a. To score a hundred
b. To have one's revenge
c. To repay one's old loan
d. To settle a dispute
The correct answer is : To settle a dispute
2) The Buddha's teachings about death are recorded in Buddhist scriptures known as:
d. Sutta Nipata
The correct answer is : Dhammapadas
3) In which layer of the earth's atmosphere, satellites orbit the earth.
The correct answer is : Exosphere
4) Which forests have Pine, Cedar, Silver fur trees?
a. Monsoon forests
b. Tidal forests
c. Tropical deciduous forests
d. Coniferous forests
The correct answer is : Coniferous forests
5) The Keoladeo National Park is in which state?
c. Uttar Pradesh
The correct answer is : Rajasthan
6) Choose the word which is similar in meaning to the word - SUPERFLUOUS.
The correct answer is : Needless
7) Ashoka was the son of?
The correct answer is : Bindusara
8) Which of the following does not belong to the group?
The correct answer is : SONY
9) Ravi bought fruits weighing 20kg. Out of this, 4kg 500g is mangoes, 5kg 25g is apples and the rests is grapes. What is the weight of the grapes?
a. 11kg 525g
b. 12kg 375g
c. 10kg 475g
d. 9kg 225g
The correct answer is : 10kg 475g
10) This now forms the National symbol of India:
a. Lion Capital
b. Horse Capital
c. Cow Capital
d. Tiger Capital
The correct answer is : Lion Capital
11) Which word is correctly spelt?
The correct answer is : Prosperity
12) The height of an object or point in relation to sea level or ground level is called:
The correct answer is : Altitude
13) Express 10km 15m as kilometer using decimals.
a. 10.15 km
b. 10.0015 km
c. 10.015 km
d. 101.50 km
The correct answer is : 10.015 km
14) The hot and dry local winds in summer over the northern plains is called:
The correct answer is : Loo
15) Humidity is high after the monsoon rains and the weather is uncomfortable.This is referred to as:
a. April Heat
b. June Heat
c. August Heat
d. October Heat
The correct answer is : October Heat
16) The Gupta Empire was divided into provinces called:
The correct answer is : Bhuktis
17) Twitter is a/an:
a. search engine
b. social network
c. web browser
d. operating system
The correct answer is : social network
18) The sum of 587 + 213 to nearest ten is _____.
The correct answer is : 800
19) Sadbhavna Diwas, the birth anniversary of Rajiv Gandhi, is celebrated every year on?
a. 20th August
b. 15th August
c. 10th August
d. 30th August
The correct answer is : 20th August
20) Who was the founder of Servants of India Society?
a. Bal Gangadhar Tilak
b. Gopal Krishna Gokhale
c. Mahatma Gandhi
d. Acharya Vinobha Bhave
The correct answer is : Gopal Krishna Gokhale
21) Pellagra is caused due to the deficiency of which vitamin?
a. Vitamin B1
b. Vitamin B2
c. Vitamin B3
d. Vitamin B5
The correct answer is : Vitamin B3
22) Find the cost of carpeting a square room (each side 15 m) at the rate of Rs 125 per square metre.
a. Rs 28125
b. Rs 28250
c. Rs 28500
d. Rs 28525
The correct answer is : Rs 28125
23) Second world war started in the year?
The correct answer is : 1939
24) Divide 50 pens between Ram and Shyam in the ratio of 3:2 respectively. How much Ram gets.
a. 20 pens
b. 40 pens
c. 30 pens
d. 25 pens
The correct answer is : 30 pens
25) Find the wrongly spelt word.
The correct answer is : Logarithem
26) Over exposure of Ultraviolet rays causes:
c. Skin cancer
d. Night blindness
The correct answer is : Skin cancer
27) Find the odd from the given choices.
The correct answer is : Malaysia
28) The number not divisible by 11 is:
The correct answer is : 2344
29) The product of place values of digits 5 and 3 in the number 987654321 is
The correct answer is : 15000000
30) The branch of medicine which deals with the skin, nails, hair and its diseases are called:
The correct answer is : Dermatology
31) Find the sum: (-23) + (-17) - (-43).
The correct answer is : 3
32) On 21st March and 23rd September, direct rays of the sun fall on the equator and the entire earth experiences equal days and equal night. This phenomenon is called:
a. Summer solstice
b. Winter solstice
The correct answer is : Equinox
33) Who constructed Red Fort in Delhi?
a. Shah Jahan
The correct answer is : Shah Jahan
34) The successor of 1 million is:
a. 10 million
b. 2 million
The correct answer is : 1000001
35) Capital of South Korea is:
The correct answer is : Seoul
36) Currency of Brazil is:
a. Brazilian real
b. Brazilian dollar
c. Brazilian rupee
d. Brazilian pound
The correct answer is : Brazilian real
37) 5 x 1000 + 2 x 100 + 7 x 10 + 0 is equal to:
The correct answer is : 5270
38) The largest delta of the world is:
b. Congo basin
c. Amazon basin
The correct answer is : Sunderbans
39) The value of the prime meridian is:
a. 0 degree
b. 45 degree
c. 90 degree
d. 180 degree
The correct answer is : 0 degree
40) Which alcohol is prepared by the distillation of wood?
a. Ethyl alcohol
c. Methyl alcohol
d. Propyl alcohol
The correct answer is : Methyl alcohol
41) What was the real name of Mughal Emperor Shahjahan?
The correct answer is : Khurram
42) The expanded form of the number 3578 is:
a. 3 x 10000 + 5 x 1000 + 7 x 100 + 8
b. 3 x 10000 + 5 x 100 + 7 x 10 + 8
c. 3 x 1000 + 5 x 10 + 7 x 100 + 8
d. 3 x 1000 + 5 x 100 + 7 x 10 + 8
The correct answer is : 3 x 1000 + 5 x 100 + 7 x 10 + 8
43) Mithali Raj is associated with which sports?
The correct answer is : Cricket
44) How many days the Moon takes to go around the Earth once?
a. 25 days
b. 29 days
c. 27 days
d. 31 days
The correct answer is : 27 days
45) Excess amount of absorbed water by plants is liberated out by?
The correct answer is : Transpiration
46) Who wrote Ain-i-Akbari?
c. Abul Fazl
The correct answer is : Abul Fazl
47) The product of successor and predecessor of 199 is:
The correct answer is : 39600
48) Falling of moisture in the form of rainfall, snow, fog, sleet and hailstone is termed as:
a. Water vapour
The correct answer is : Precipitation
49) All the imaginary circles parallel to the equator are called:
a. Parallels of latitudes
b. Meridians of longitude
c. Tropic of cancer
d. Torrid zone
The correct answer is : Parallels of latitudes
50) The whole number is added to 50 and the same number is subtracted from 50. The sum of the resulting numbers is:
The correct answer is : 50