1) A ___________ is a circular statistical graphic which is divided into slices to illustrate numerical proportion.
a. Bar chart
b. Line chart
d. Pie chart
The correct answer is : Pie chart
2) A geostationary satellite orbit around the earth from:
a. North to South
b. East to West
c. South to North
d. West to East
The correct answer is : West to East
3) A seat for riding on the back of an elephant or camel is called:
The correct answer is : Howdah
4) An additional piece of information printed at the bottom of a page is called:
The correct answer is : Footnote
5) Choose the word opposite in meaning to the given word - CURB.
The correct answer is : Encourage
6) Choose the word which best expresses the meaning of the given word - OBLIGATORY.
The correct answer is : Required
7) Find the least square number which is exactly divisible by each of the numbers 4, 8 and 12.
The correct answer is : 144
8) Find the odd from the following: Airtel, Vodafone, Samsung, Idea.
The correct answer is : Samsung
9) Find the smallest number by which 5400 must be multiplied to get a perfect cube?
The correct answer is : 5
10) Find the word which is correctly spelt:
The correct answer is : Correspondence
11) Find the wrongly spelt word:
The correct answer is : Grammetical
12) Greenland is a part of which country?
The correct answer is : Denmark
13) In a dictionary which of the given word will come last:
The correct answer is : Mistrust
14) In nuclear reactors, graphite is used as a/an:
The correct answer is : Moderator
15) In which year Nagaland became the 16th state of India?
The correct answer is : 1963
16) Lowermost layer of the earth's atmoshphere is:
The correct answer is : Troposphere
17) National bird of India is:
The correct answer is : Peacock
18) Nuclear energy is obtained from?
d. All of these
The correct answer is : All of these
19) Over which continent formation of ozone hole is maximum?
b. North America
The correct answer is : Antarctica
20) Riboflavin is the chemical name of which vitamin?
a. Vitamin B1
b. Vitamin B2
c. Vitamin B3
d. Vitamin B6
The correct answer is : Vitamin B2
21) Select the alternative which best expresses the meaning of the given idiom/phrase - Within an ace of:
a. Within the hitting range
b. To get ready
c. Very close to doing something
d. To be inconsistent
The correct answer is : Very close to doing something
22) Select the correct alternative. Has someone made all the necessary arrangements?
a. Have all the necessary arrangements been made by someone?
b. Have the necessary arrangements been been all made by someone?
c. All the necessary arrangements have been made by one?
d. Has all the necessary arrangements been made by someone?
The correct answer is : Have all the necessary arrangements been made by someone?
23) The common name for the crime of stealing passwords is:
The correct answer is : Spoofing
24) The crops grown after the summer monsoon are called:
The correct answer is : Rabi
25) The digit at the units place of cube of 124 is:
The correct answer is : 4
26) The outermost layer of the sun is called:
a. Convection zone
The correct answer is : Corona
27) The programming language and computing platform Java was originally invented by:
c. Sun Microsystems
The correct answer is : Sun Microsystems
28) The smallest 4-digit squared number 1024 is a square of:
The correct answer is : 32
29) The soil conservation method in which mountain slope is cut into step is called:
a. Contour ploughing
b. Cover planting
c. Strip cropping
The correct answer is : Contour ploughing
30) The sum of two number is 24 and their difference is 16. Find the two numbers.
a. 16, 8
b. 20, 4
c. 24, 8
d. 22, 2
The correct answer is : 20, 4
31) The tallest and thickest type of grass is:
The correct answer is : Bamboo
32) Thing which can be carried is called:
The correct answer is : Portable
33) This area suffers from ________.
The correct answer is : drought
34) Vivekananda rock memorial is situated in:
The correct answer is : Kanyakumari
35) Washington D.C., the capital of United States of America (USA) is situated on the bank of river:
The correct answer is : Potomac
36) Water soluble vitamins are:
a. Vitamin B Complex and Vitamin C
b. Vitamin A, D, E and K
c. Vitamin B Complex and Vitamin D
d. Vitamin A, D, E and Vitamin B Complex
The correct answer is : Vitamin B Complex and Vitamin C
37) What is the capital of Peru?
The correct answer is : Lima
38) What is the country calling code of India?
The correct answer is : 91
39) When the bus was at full speed, its brakes failed and an accident was __________.
The correct answer is : inevitable
40) Which continent is called Dark Continent?
d. South America
The correct answer is : Africa
41) Which country is the largest producer of uranium in the world (as of August 2017)?
The correct answer is : Kazakhstan
42) Which energy is commercially produced from coal?
a. Kinetic energy
b. Thermal energy
c. Potential energy
d. Light energy
The correct answer is : Thermal energy
43) Which Indian state does not share it's border with Bhutan?
a. West Bengal
d. Arunachal Pradesh
The correct answer is : Shillong
44) Which menu type is also called a drop down menu?
a. fly out
c. pop up
d. pull down
The correct answer is : pull down
45) Which mountain range is called Roof of the World?
a. Indira Point
The correct answer is : Pamirs
46) Which of the following disease usually spreads through air? Plague, Typhoid, Tuberculosis and Cholera.
The correct answer is : Tuberculosis
47) Which one does not belong to the group? Table, Computer, Chair, Bed.
The correct answer is : Computer
48) Which two country are linked by Teen Bigha Corridor?
a. India and China
b. India and Pakistan
c. Indian and Nepal
d. India and Bangladesh
The correct answer is : India and Bangladesh
49) Who invented the small pox vaccine?
a. Edward Jenner
b. Louis Pasteur
c. Christian Barnard
d. Alfred Nobel
The correct answer is : Edward Jenner
50) Who won the women's singles final of the World Badminton Championships 2017?
a. P V Sindhu
b. Nozomi Okuhara
c. Saina Nehwal
d. Jwala Gutta
The correct answer is : Nozomi Okuhara